WINNERS OF 2012
The Fabricators & Manufacturers
Association Intl. (FMA), Rockford, Ill., has
announced the 2012 FMA/CNA Safety
Award winners. Open to all FMA and
Tube & Pipe Association Intl. (TPA) com-
pany members, the program recognizes
metal fabrication companies that have a
commitment to excellence in safety. Award
winners are determined by the FMA Safety
Council, and the awards are sponsored by
CNA Insurance Group.
The Safety Award of Honor is present-
ed to companies having perfect safety
records, with no recordable injuries or ill-
nesses for calendar year 2011. Companies
receiving the 2012 Safety Award of Honor
• ADM- Mechanical — Decatur, Ill.
• Big J Enterprises — Albuquerque,
• JMC Steel Group — Blytheville,
Ark., and Sharon, Pa.
• Main Steel Polishing Co. Inc. —
Tinton Falls, N.J.; Commerce, Calif.; and
Schiller Park, Ill.
• Nisshin Automotive Tubing LLC —
• Nova Group Inc. — Napa, Calif.
• Olympic Steel — Bedford Heights,
Ohio; Mount Sterling, Ky.; and Dover,
• Welfab Inc. — North Billerica, Maine
• Material Fabricators Inc. — Buellton,
The 2012 Safety Award of Merit is pre-
sented to companies posting an injury and
illness incidence rate for calendar year
2011 that is better than the published
Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) rate by 10
percent or greater, based on their North
American Industry Classification System
(NAICS) code. Companies receiving the
2012 Safety Award of Merit are:
• AK Tube LLC — Columbus, Ind.
• AK Tube LLC — Walbridge, Ohio
• Anderson & Dahlen Inc. — Ramsey,
• JMC Steel Group — Chicago-Structural; Chicago-Pipe; Harrow, Ont.;
and Plymouth, Mich.
• BTD Mfg. — Detroit Lakes, Minn.
• Genzink Steel — Holland, Mich.
• GH Metal Solutions —- Fort Payne,
• J. L. Clark — Rockford, Ill.
• McAlpin Industries — Rochester,